Harrison Out on Bail; Title Defense Against Cook Back On
Well this is a sudden change of events…
Last week we reported that Harrison would not be out of jail in time to defend his WBO Featherweight title against Nicky Cook on December 9th.
Well not only is Harrison now out of prison due to a spur of the moment bail agreement but his scheduled bout against Cook is now back on schedule after being cancelled by Frank Warren.
Despite many unsuccessful attempts to get his fighter out, Harrison’s manager Barry Hughes never lost hope and also stated that Harrison is in fighting shape and had been training while he was detained…
“My hopes of getting him out were fading on Friday night but something in my heart told me to keep on going and finally we got it sorted,” Hughes said. “We will fly back tomorrow morning and probably get into Glasgow early afternoon and hopefully go straight for the medical.
We have a medical booked for tomorrow so we are back on the timescale for the fight,” Hughes said. “If I thought he was not fit to fight, either mentally or physically, then I would not let the bout go ahead. But Scott has been training for an hour and a half - twice every day - and his weight is OK.”
Harrison will not be required to return to Spain until his trial.
Outside the Ring • Promoters • Frank Warren • Featherweight • Scott Harrison
Previous entry: Weekend Results - November 13, 2006